Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thankful Gratitude

The messages we receive from the media, the politicians and the economists are all so bleak and miserable. The stuff that our children hear and see with todays so called role models is worrysome. Many of us are affected by these miserable sentiments. We start to get hung up on the things we hear and see and forget about all the things in our life we have to be thankful for. I am taking an extra effort to live with an attitude of gratitude. Practicing gratitude is a workout of our soul. People that have a strong sense of gratitude or thankful ness do not necessarily have more than others… they simply recognize and see more beauty in their lives. If you condition yourself to look on the bright side of life, life will miraculously get brighter. I am making gratitude a daily practice of mine.


• I am thankful for my husband and my 2 beautiful children

• I am thankful my mother is healthy and able to help me

• I am thankful my sister is my best friend

• I am thankful that I am healthy

• I am thankful I have a job that pays well and is secure

• I am thankful for good hair days.

• I am thankful for my favorite tv shows because they are a diversion

• I am thankful for toastmasters to show me how to become a better speaker

Will you join me? I would like you to all state one thing that you are thankful for.

Feeling Gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. Give your gifts every day.

No comments: