Monday, July 26, 2010

Doing Nothing

I had a wonderful weekend.  My dear husband who is in a cat fish fishing tournament and who is a cat fish champion, changed his plans for me this weekend.  What a good guy.  He usually goes fishing on Saturday nights.  But because my BFF from high school came to visit on Saturday, I asked if he would change his plans and fish on Friday instead.  He did.... JUST FOR ME.  Saturday was a fabulous day.  With the help of my mom and Dutch, I pulled off a very good picnic.  Food was great, company was better.  Joanne and her family got here about 4:00 and by 4:05 the kids hit it off and were on the trampoline.  Joanne looks great and hasn't aged a bit.  Makes me feel old though.  I know I didn't age as well as she did.  DANG IT... That is the problem with being the chubby friend... LOL.  Aw well, I know we are still better looking than many of the others we went to school with.  Joanne and I reminisced and had a few laughs.  We even managed to squeeze in a boat ride.  Unfortunately, the threatening clouds wouldn't hold off and we managed to get off the lake in just enough time to get ice cream before the rain began.  YUMMO. It was such a nice visit and only made me miss my friend JO all the more.  I wish we lived closer.  But what I really wanted to talk about is how I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on Sunday.  NOTHING... Nada... Nill.  Joanne and company left around 10:00 and by 10:15 I was asleep on the couch.  I managed to wake up around 11:30 only to go to the bathroom and do a load of laundry.  I folded 2 loads, put them away and then stummbled my way back to the couch.  Laying there I literally had to remind myself that it was OK to be lazy once in a while.  It is very hard to do nothing.  I got dressed and brushed my teeth around 1:00.  and made it back to the recliner where I watched movies, played on facebook, checked my email, and paid bills on the web.  What did I ever do without internet access on my phone???  THANK GOD I can do all that while NOT MOVING.  At 2:30 the family unit became hungry... Oh God... I have to move.  I pulled out the paper plates, heated up left overs in the microwave and noticed I became angry that I was the last one still standing.  Everyone else in the family was back in their reclined positions, but I was catering to their needs like I was a mom or something....oh yea.  About 4:00 Dutch decided it was time for him to move around and got the kids together to go play some ball.  At this point, the guilt really was pressing hard on my brain.  I didn't think I could let the whole day go to "waste" so I managed to sit and watch the sleazy MTV show Jersey Shore while cleaning out Megan's drawers.  After that I just HAD to sit back down.  That 20 minutes of activity was just too much work.  So I made a quick spaghetti and meat sauce and got myself a plate.  I ate it on the recliner... of course.  I was home by myself, had the remote to myself, had dinner, a drink and my recliner the only thing better would be if there was a chic flix on t.v.  Guess what... there was!!!  Soon enough the kids and husband were home, everyone needed me, one needed directions printed, one needed dinner heated, one spilled their spaghetti on the floor, one forgot their sneakers at grandmas and needed them tomorrow, one needed a shower, one needed some water, one was feeling bad about themselves and needed a hug and a kiss, one needed help with their p.j.s and to be encouraged to start a bed time for school, one needed another kiss and another hug. It was true.  Lazy days and Sundays go together.  But having my life back to normal was just as good.  
 

No comments: