Thursday, April 10, 2008

Busy schedules

I rarely have time to sit and contemplate how busy I am...I just assume everyone is as busy as me. This blog has been fun for me... but most of all, it doesn't take too much time. Time is something I don't have very much of. I think in the big picture, we are all busy. I think everyone's definition of "busy" is different from person to person. Busy, for me, means that I don't get my house as clean as I want it. Busy means my kids are having fun. Busy means that I am keeping my kids out of trouble, but not stressed out. Busy means I get to see my kids smile with their friends. Busy means I have to do "spelling" in the car. Busy means we talk about our day in the car. Occasionally I complain about being too busy. Those moments of stress happen, but all in all, I would not change a thing. I love having something to do every night. I love watching the kids run, play, join in girlscouts. I have to admit... I hate having my house come last. But when the kids are raised, I will have plenty of time to "clean up the mess". I am very lucky that Dutch is such an involved dad. I get my moments of "free time" that I usually spend cleaning, vaccuming, doing laundry, or putting clothes away. I value that time and feel that I get more done in 1 hour alone than a stay at home mom gets done all day... I have seen proof. There is today's blog with only a few minutes to spare, cause I have to get Megan to Gymnastics while Dutch gets Josh to Baseball....




No comments: